This afternoon, Montgomery College President DeRionne P. Pollard sent a memo to all MC employees…
Montgomery College has added 11 new classes to the Raptor Ready Scholarship Program, on top of the 10 classes previously announced. Montgomery College’s new Raptor Ready Scholarship Program is designed to help 2020 Montgomery County high school graduates get an early introduction into highly transferable college courses in an online or structured remote environment.
- Accounting II (ACCT 222)
- Computer Science I (CMSC 203)
- Computer Science II (CMSC 204)
- Principles of Economics 2 (ECON 202)
- Intro to Engineering Design (ENES 100)
- Precalculus (MATH 165)
- Calculus I (MATH 181)
- Calculus II (MATH 182)
- Multivariable Calculus (MATH 280)
- Differential Equations (MATH 282)
- General Physics I (PHYS 161)
The scholarship program covers tuition and fees for one course (four credit hours maximum) and a grant to cover technology or educational supplies not to exceed $530 for the second summer session at MC, which begins July 11. The program is for spring 2020 Montgomery County high school graduates who are Montgomery County residents, including anticipated June graduates. The Raptor Ready scholarships are limited and students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
There is also a limited number of Raptor Ready scholarships and vouchers available for DACA, Dreamer, and F1 students through the Montgomery College Foundation.
“There is no reason to delay your college dreams during this uncertain time,” said Montgomery College President DeRionne Pollard. “Thousands of graduates have discovered that Montgomery College is the smart choice for achieving their college and career goals.”
To be eligible, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a spring 2020 Montgomery County high school graduate and a Montgomery County resident
- Earned no more than 6 college credit hours at time of application (not including Advanced Placement)
- Be admitted to Montgomery College. If you are not already admitted, complete the admissions application online before applying for the Raptor Ready program.
- Filed the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and had it sent to MC or completed the Maryland State Financial Aid Application (for students who cannot complete the FAFSA)
- Be financially affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and the shift to remote learning
Other courses covered by the Raptor Ready Scholarship Program:
- Biology 150
- Chemistry 131
- Communication 108
- Economics 201
- English 102
- Mathematics 117
- Philosophy 101
- Political Science 101
- Psychology 102
- Spanish 101