Montgomery College's Pinkney Innovation Complex for Science and Technology (PICMC) Featured in Bio Buzz. You…
Montgomery College Receives Public Sector Partner of the Year Award from the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
Montgomery College received the “Public Sector Partner of the Year” award presented by the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce (MCCC) at the 58th annual MCCC dinner Tuesday at the Bethesda North Marriott and County Conference Center. Dr. DeRionne Pollard, president of Montgomery College, accepted the award.
“Montgomery College is honored to be given this award by the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce. Being a trusted partner in the community is an important element in our mission,” Dr. Pollard said. “By building strong local relationships we strengthen our ability to provide educational opportunities for students and improve our service to local businesses and nonprofits.”
Montgomery College joined the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of Small Business Programs, United States Army, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection as recipients of this prestigious award.
The MCCC annual dinner celebrates leaders who are building a strong business environment in Montgomery County and beyond.
Along with Montgomery College, MCCC also recognized leaders who make significant contributions to building a strong business environment in Montgomery County and beyond:
* Visionary of the Year Award Winner: United Therapeutics Corporation, accepted by Martine Rothblatt, PhD, JD, Chairman and CEO
* Public Sector Partner of the Year Award Winner: Montgomery College, accepted by DeRionne P. Pollard, PhD, President
* Legislator of the Year Award Winner: Chairman Anne Kaiser (D14), House and Ways Committee, Maryland General Assembly
* Business Advocate of the Year Award Winner: Norman Augustine, Retired Chairman and CEO, Lockheed Martin Corporation
* Chairman’s Award Winner: David Nguyen, Founder and CEO, United Solutions, LLC
Attendees included the MCCC Leadership Circle and Strategic Partners, event sponsors and their guests, government officials, and special guests including the following:
* Congressman Jamie Raskin, Congressman John Sarbanes (Reception only)
* Maryland Secretary of Minority Affairs Jimmy Rhee
* Maryland Treasurer Nancy Kopp, Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot (Reception only)
* Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett
* Members of the Montgomery County Delegation to the Maryland General Assembly
* Montgomery County Councilmembers (Reception only) and Department Directors