This afternoon, Montgomery College President DeRionne P. Pollard sent a memo to all MC employees…
Montgomery College Trustees Select Consultant, Advisory Committee to Guide Search for Next President of Maryland’s Largest Community College
The Montgomery College Board of Trustees selected an executive search consulting firm and appointed members to its presidential search advisory committee to assist the Board in its search for the next president to lead Maryland’s largest community college, a multi-campus institution in Montgomery County, Maryland. The Board has selected Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. as its presidential search consultant. The firm, with offices in Florida and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, has successfully led searches for chancellors, presidents, and other senior administrators at community colleges, and four-year colleges and universities. Working with the presidential search consultant, the committee will help the Board to develop the presidential search prospectus, which defines the unique characteristics of Montgomery College and the challenges facing the community college. The prospectus also includes a profile of desired characteristics to help guide the search process. The committee will reach out and identify potential candidates, review the candidates’ qualifications, and present finalists to the Board for consideration. Montgomery College faculty, staff, students, members of the Board of Trustees, representatives from the College Alumni Association and Montgomery College Foundation, and community members comprise the presidential search advisory committee.
Steve Kaufman, a member of the Board of Trustees, will lead the committee as chair. The other committee members, and their positions at Montgomery College or community affiliations, are:
- Gloria Aparicio Blackwell, Montgomery College Board of Trustees;
- Shirley Brandman, Montgomery County Board of Education;
- Robert Costello, Montgomery College Foundation Board;
- Amy Crowley, program director of Gateway to College at Montgomery College;
- Janice DuFour, instructional assistant at the Writing, Reading, and Language Center;
- Dr. Stewart Edelstein, executive director of the Universities at Shady Grove;
- Dr. Sharon Fechter, chair of the Department of World Languages and Philosophy, professor of Spanish;
- Georgette (Gigi) Godwin, Montgomery College Board of Trustees;
- Ginny Gong, community member;
- Dr. Tony Hawkins, instructional dean of humanities, social sciences, and education at the Germantown Campus;
- Dr. Lucy Laufe, Collegewide honors coordinator and professor of anthropology;
- Dr. Tonya Mason, professor of counseling;
- Marsha Suggs Smith, Montgomery College Board of Trustees;
- Alan Stover, adjunct professor of paralegal studies and computer applications;
- Jorge Urrutia, Montgomery College Alumni Association; and
- Monica Young, student.
The Board is seeking a successor to Interim President Hercules Pinkney, who assumed the role in September 2009 to lead Montgomery College. For more information about Montgomery College, visit www.montgomerycollege.edu.