The Montgomery County Council saluted Montgomery College’s 70th anniversary with a proclamation earlier this month. County Councilmembers Nancy Navarro and Craig Rice led the ceremonies. Dr. Pollard, the Raptor, and students, faculty staff attended the ceremony.
The college opened in September 1946 as Montgomery Junior College, with classes first held at Bethesda Chevy-Chase High School. The original student body had 186 students. Today it serves more than 56,000 students, both credit and non-credit, on three campuses.