Montgomery College Hosts Gaming and Web Developers Conference, April 4 Presenters include Apple, Adobe, Bethesda Softworks, NOAA, alumni and faculty from MC and Univ. of Baltimore
Do you know someone who loves video games? Have you ever considered a career in the computer gaming industry? If so, check out Montgomery College’s Game and Web Developers’ Conference on Monday, April 4, 2011 from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The conference will take place in the Theatre Arts Arena on the Rockville Campus, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, Md. The event, sponsored by the College’s Gaming and Web Development departments, is free and open to the public.
Highlights of the conference include:
- Apple Senior System Engineer Aaron Davis will speak about new iPhone and iPad applications;
- Adobe Flash Builder Program Manager Adam Lehman will speak about Adobe’s products for web and game development.
- Bethesda Softworks Environmental Artist Megan Sawyer will discuss creating art for games like Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
- MC professors will discuss new technologies, including HTML5 and CSS3;
- Music presentation from the University of Maryland’s Gamer Symphony Orchestra;
- The University of Baltimore’s Professor Aaron Oldenburg will discuss transfer and scholarship opportunities for MC students transferring to UB, and UB’s programs at the Universities at Shady Grove location;
- MC web and gaming alumni will discuss their education and careers – including making educational games for NOAA’s “Planet Arcade” – during a panel moderated by NOAA’s Marina Kraus.
- A live action game of the popular mobile game Angry Birds from MC gaming students;
For more information: www.montgomerycollege.edu/ca/gaming