Montgomery College Student Named 2010 Coca-Cola National Finalist

Stephanie Vara to Receive Scholarship from Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society

Montgomery College student Stephanie Vara has been has been selected as a 2010 Coca-Cola All-State Academic Team Finalist for her academic achievements and service to the community. This national awards program is sponsored by the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation and is administered by the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. Vara will receive a $1,000 award to put toward her future education costs.

“Being a Coca-Cola National Finalist is very special to me and I am very glad that I have been a part of Phi Theta Kappa,” Vara said. “I have absolutely loved my experience at Montgomery College because of the amazing professors and the unique experiences I have had.”

A 2008 graduate of the A Beka Academy Homeschool Program, Vara majored in general studies and business at Montgomery College and will graduate in May. She will transfer to a four-year institution this fall to pursue a degree in kinesiological sciences. Still undecided, the University of Maryland, College Park and McDaniel College are her top two college choices.

A nationally-ranked baton twirler, Vara is a two-time Montgomery College Board of Trustees scholarship recipient. She also participated in the 2009 Beacon Conference for community college honor students, and received a Montgomery College Woman’s Studies scholarship.

For more information about Montgomery College, visit www.montgomerycollege.edu.

Search