Montgomery College Holds Career Training Open House, December 7
Montgomery College is hosting a Career Training Open House on Monday, December 7, 2009, that will feature meetings with employment counselors, instructors, college recruiters, and educational specialists.
Two sessions will be offered, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 5 – 7 p.m., on the fourth floor of the College’s Gaithersburg Business Training Center, 12 South Summit Avenue in Gaithersburg, Md. Free parking is available behind the building in the parking garage.
Montgomery College’s Workforce Development and Continuing Education (WDCE) Career Training Open House is designed for those who are interested in starting, changing or advancing their career in the fields of hospitality, human resources, information technology, management, real estate, transportation, nursing, early childhood education, starting a business, green business certifications and other career paths.
Participants will meet instructors, employment counselors and tour the college’s business training facility. Information regarding WDCE scholarships will be available. See below for more information.
Classes and Certification Programs include:
- Entrepreneurship (Starting a business and franchising);
- Management and Supervision (American Management Association – AMA);
- Project Management (Program Management Institute – PMI);
- Human Resources (AMA and SHR PHR Certification Prep);
- Green Technology Courses and Green Business Certification;
- Real Estate, Insurance and Home Inspection pre-Licensure and Certification;
- Hospitality, Event Management and Food Safety;
- Career and Work Skills;
- Business Writing;
- Early Childhood Teacher Education (in English and Spanish);
- Nursing Programs;
- Transportation and Safety including Trucking and Motorist Safety;
- Web Development Design, Programming, Office Administration, Database, and Networking;
- Automotive and Construction (morning only), Electricity (in Spanish), Home Improvement Exam Prep (in Spanish);