Montgomery College to Hold Free Job Hunt Boot Camp
Montgomery College’s Office of Student Employment Services will offer a Job Hunt Boot Camp on Saturday, November 14, 2009, from 9 a.m. to noon at the College’s Germantown Campus. The event will be held in Globe Hall, located in the High Technology and Science Center. The event is free and open to the public.
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify their own unique talents, natural abilities, and skill sets
- Develop realistic career goals
- Discover their stress levels and learn strategies to leverage them
- Find the number one source of great jobs
- Craft a winning resume and cover letter
- Identify key steps in preparing for a job interview
- Answer the most important question an interviewer will ask
- Effectively evaluate multiple job offers and negotiate a great salary
The workshop will be led by Malcolm O. Munro, a nationally known author, speaker, consultant, and coach with an extensive human resources background. Munro is author of “Marketing Yourself for Your Dream Job: How to Get the Job and Career You’ve Always Wanted,” and has presented this workshop to hundreds of individuals to rave reviews.
Advance registration is required. To sign up, visit http://www.jobhuntbootcamp.com.
For more information about Montgomery College’s Office of Student Employment Services, visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/Departments/studemp.